See notes below for status on previous Worklist items.
Membership Administration Action Items
- Ongoing, approve or reject Pending members, LUIS.
- SSL/payment, receipts 4/4 email.* MONITOR, TEST WITH FRANK OR GET FEEDBACK
- Research the use of manually updated List of Members page. LUIS**
- Get more information about listserv and remaining non-website membership administration. Website could be used to streamline.
- *Are there additional manual actions related to payment required, such as receipts? PayPal should email a receipt even if paid by credit card outside of a PayPal account.
- I can create a PayPal link that allows someone to input an amount to be paid, but I would need access to PayPal. Or, Melitta may know how to do this and provide me with the code for the button.
- NEW, a better way of keeping track of members, presumably when they are paid through. Email correspondence 6/14/19.
Website Updates, Small Tasks
- Conference updates, upcoming and some important past ones. (Home page top announcement, within Posts). Reviewed by Frank and Luis. Provide title, dates, speakers, sponsors, host organization, description, AND a website link or PDF attachment with additional details when submitting to Darlene for posting.
- Likely some changes to International Groups, too.
- I noticed that this page https://istfp.org/training/certified-tfp-teachers-and-supervisors/ refers to contact info on another page. We might be able to streamline/consolidate.
- Typos on Inpatient TFP. Darlene fixed.
- Re-establish cookies notice. DONE, not as ideal as it could be. Test again after website upgrade.
- Privacy page describing how member info is used. DONE
- Is all contact info and address up-to-date: email 6/14/19, not yet revised per Melitta’s and Stephan’s suggestion.
Long Term / Larger Projects (Collect Ideas)
- Evolve the home page. ALL
- **Determine ease of creating a membership list from Users. DARLENE
- Expand/reassess membership functionality. They currently do not have a profile, may not matter. They have a “private” menu when logged in, but the pages are actually public.
- Site not mobile friendly. I may be able to make some adjustments to the style sheet. DARLENE
- Change some technical methods. We should consider an upgrade within a year or two. Although the WordPress installation is up-to-date, the theme/template that the site was built on is quite old and we risk deprecation of coding.
- Observed 12/12/19: Appearance > Theme Options no longer works properly, no longer allowing update of home page header images.
- Update to WordPress 5.5 broke the nav menu. Reverted to 5.4.2 8/17/20. Broken again.
- Executive Board page, UPDATED
- Check users # 13, 45, 319, 185, 231. I don’t believe this was critical. LUIS; Darlene reviewed and updated as necessary 7/15/19.
- Membership email footers changed from Victor to Luis.
- Password reset caching problem researched and corrected.
- 12/12/19, replaced home page image #4. Wrote documentation.
Admin / Backups
When using the admin, if you are ever concerned about a mistake or breaking something, “back” out and lose changes. Each page generally has access to recent revisions in the right column and autosaves are frequently made by the system. The website is on a platform with easy access to back-ups.
- If an irreversible mistake is made, connect with me. Back-ups are daily, so you would lose anything else you already did that day if I “revert.”
- When planning larger project rollouts, a back-up can be made at any time in advance.
- For significant projects and changes, a staging area can be set up to review alternative functionality.
Notes / References