TFP Institute Italy – PDLab
TFP Didactic Training Graduate
20 hours of supervision will be required
Every year, the PDLab organizes training on TFP that allow you to obtain the ” TFP Didactic Training Graduate ” certification.
The aim of the course is to acquire an overall good competence in TFP, i.e. to improve the ability to diagnose levels of personality organization, to provide structure and framework for treatment, to manage impulsive behaviors and to work with transference and countertransference . The objective is the therapeutic ability to promote an evolution of the borderline personality organization towards the neurotic organization.
The course is aimed at psychotherapists, psychiatrists and psychologists interested in the treatment and psychotherapy of Personality Disorders in individual, residential and long-term outpatient care settings – public and private.
At the end of the training the participants will be certified “TFP Didactic Training Graduate” . For those wishing to also acquire the “TFP Therapist” certification, according to the rules of the International Society of TFP (ISTFP) , at least 20 hours of supervision will be required. Certified training is provided by ISTFP Teachers and Supervisors.
ISTFP certification categories
These are the official certification categories for regional groups, affiliated with the International Society for Transference Focused Psychotherapy.
The certification levels have been elaborated by the ISTFP Training & Education Committee.
- TFP Student: The candidate has attended a course, seminar or workshop which must be taught by ISTFP certified teacher-supervisors (TS).
- TFP Graduate : The candidate has attended 6 days of one-day seminars. Every year, the PDLab organizes Training on TFP that allow you to obtain the “TFP Didactic Training Graduate” certification.
- TFP Therapist : The candidate, who is TFP Graduate, will need to have certification of at least two years of supervision with two ISTFP certified TSs, for two TFP treatment cases. At least one of the two treatments must be 2 weekly sessions. The candidate must present the case at least once a month. At the end of this period and with the positive opinion of the last supervisor, the candidate will undergo an examination with a certified ISTFP TS, who has not been the candidate’s supervisor. Here an unsupervised case will be presented with audio- or video-recorded material. The need for a year – about 10/11 meetings in which the candidate presents the case – is motivated by the need to guarantee an adequate period in which the therapeutic process is followed.
- TFP-Study Therapist : This category includes TFP Therapists whose level of adherence and proficiency in applying TFP has been evaluated by the ISTFP Research and Publication Committee. Who belongs to this category can be included as a therapist in research projects.
- TFP Teacher and Supervisor : Applicant must be certified TFP Therapist and have experience teaching and co-supervising TFP cases. The exam – upon acceptance of qualifications – will be conducted by the ISTFP Certification Board (ad hoc commission appointed by the ISTFP Training and Education Committee ).
PDlab members meet regularly to oversee clinical cases.
The meetings take place:
- at the clinical center of Milan , fortnightly, on Wednesdays from 1.30pm to 3.00pm.
- at the Parma clinical centre , fortnightly, on Wednesdays from 1.30 to 3.00 pm.
The meetings are open to interested psychotherapists.
For more Information [email protected]
Follow the registration link